With industrialization and development, there is a growing concern over the hazardous waste generation.
The levels of dangerous wastes continue to grow. Industries and individuals continue to be largely unaware of this major environmental problem. With pitiable landfill management facilities there is a growing concern over the management of hazardous waste. Centre for Science and Environment recognises this need and has developed a hands-on three-day training programme aimed at giving practical exposure to participants on hazardous waste with specific reference to characterization of hazardous waste, design of landfill, incinerator facilities and hazardous waste management.
The programme will cover:
1. Exposure to the status of hazardous waste in India
2. Characterisation, recycle and reuse of hazardous waste
3. Understanding of hazardous waste management governing laws in the country
4. Better understanding of the environmental and social impacts of hazardous waste
5. Design of a landfill site, incineration and best practices involved
6. Good practices involved in the management of hazardous waste
7. National and international best practices
|Year||Month||See all Programmes|