City water profiles (Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Trivandrum, Mumbai, Indore, Kanpur)
Water audits & Infiltration studies (since 2004)
Presentations to policy & decision makers
• Presentation to governors and central ministers on water harvesting for drought proofing
• Distribution of briefing papers to parliamentarians
• Presentation to Parliamentary standing committee on India’s water challenges
• Presentation to Parliamentary standing committee on rural drinking water supply
• Presentations to the Delhi government officials
Impact: idea established..
• 2002: Prime Minister said rainwater harvesting is an idea whose time has come.
• By 2003: Key cities in India had legislated to make rwh mandatory for buildings.
• 2004: Finance minister launched programme for restoration of traditional water bodies.
• By 2005: Parliament speaker set up group on water conservation. Says will do rwh in Parliament-.every constituency.