The Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), a non-governmental public research institution based in Delhi, seeks experienced and knowledgeable professionals with experience in the renewable energy field to serve as Senior Research Associates
Founded in 1980, CSE has helped to shape policies and build public awareness to bring change in the practice in the targeted areas of natural resource management, pollution mitigation, low carbon development, renewable energy initiatives and livelihood security to make growth sustainable and inclusive.
About Renewable Energy Programme CSE started its close engagement with renewable energy for sustainable low carbon development since 2010 on the domestic front. Within a short span of three years, CSE has established itself as a prominent player in formulating renewable energy policy nationally and now it is poised to expand internationally. CSE’s engagement stems through research and advocacy at strategic levels to ensure that the poor of the world get access to energy without losing out to climate change and the extreme weather events the world has been witnessing of late. Therefore, the thrust areas of CSE remain energy access and upscaling of renewable energy in India as well as in other developing nations.
Geographically, CSE’s renewable energy activities are currently focused in India and in some targeted countries of Africa and South Asia. Under the supervision and guidance of the Programme Director – Renewable Energy, incumbents will manage a portfolio of projects aimed at energy access and upscaling of renewable energy. All the positions will work closely with other environment programmes within CSE.
Job specifications are as follows:
A. Senior Research Associate - Energy Access
• To carry out research, advocacy and writing on energy access issues, including energy equity, human health, child education, rural employment, village economy and climate impacts and as Innovative low carbon pathways of energy access and growth trajectories for rural poor.
• Follow and assess key scientific, legislative and regulatory developments in energy access space in India as well as in other developing countries.
B. Senior Research Associate - Rooftop Solar • To carry out research, advocacy and writing on issues relating to up scaling renewable energy with special focus on rooftop solar both for on-grid as well as off-grid applications. This will include exploring rooftop solar as a low carbon pathway for energy security.
• Follow and assess key scientific, legislative and regulatory developments in rooftop space solar in India and develop a national rooftop solar policy, drawing experiences from developed nations.
Other Common Responsibilities would include: • Represent CSE at external energy access meetings/conferences and contribute to internal and key constituent communications on energy access.
• Attend relevant workshops and seminars and build a strong network of relationships with key stakeholders (NGOs, scientific, philanthropic and government institutions and the private sector).
• Write routinely in Down to Earth, the fortnightly magazine of CSE, and disseminate research outputs.
• Conduct site visits as a part of the research work as required.
• Help drive organisational efficiencies, impact, and overall improvements.
C. Research Associate - Knowledge Dissemination
• Follow and assess key scientific, legislative and regulatory developments in energy access and renewable energy space and assist other team-mates to develop content and disseminate information on the renewable energy knowledge portal.
• Ensure Organic growth of the above portal by inserting appropriate words in the content by studying Google key words.
• Seamless coordination with CSE web team for regular update of news, case studies, archives, photo gallery and development of appropriate tags.
• Close coordination with IT team for development of application tools like user interactive calculators, training calendars, star marking of standard renewable products based on customer feedback etc.
Senior Research Associates must have minimum three years of experience and Research Associate minimum two years of experience. Candidates must be strong in number crunching and research methodologies. Fluency in written and spoken English is a must. Must be able to perform under pressure and ready to travel as and when required.
Email you applications with subject line "Position Name – Renewable Energy" latest by May 26, 2014 to email@example.com
Or Post it to:
Ms. Jagdeep Gupta, ED (P&O)
Centre for Science and Environment
41, Tughlakabad Institutional Area, New Delhi-110062 Tel: +91 (011)-29955124, 29955125, 29956394 Fax: +91 (011) 29955879
N.P: Only short listed candidates will be informed