Centre for Science and Environment invites people to participate in its Green Rating programme.
Under this programme, we rate industries based on their environmental performance. Information for the programme is collected directly from the industries as well as from other secondary sources such as State Pollution Control Board, local newspaper and NGOs.
We have already rated four sectors - Pulp and Paper (1999 and 2004), Automobile (2001), Chlor-Alkali (2002) and Cement (2005). We have currently initiated the ‘Cross Sectoral rating programme to assess the energy and water efficiency’ of top 200 corporate across the country. To assist us in this project and future sectoral ratings, we are setting up a network of Green Inspectors. You too can be part of the Green Rating project as the Green Inspector. Once you are a part of the network, we will approach you based on your location and proximity of an industrial facility in our sample.
Role of Green Inspectors
* Collection of secondary information from State Pollution Control Board, local newspaper, NGOs, etc
* Survey of the Industrial units
* Meeting with all stakeholders of the unit – regulators, villagers, NGOs
* Photo documentation of the visit, compilation and preparation of report
Who can be a Green Inspector?
* Environmental NGOs
* Environmental Engineers from industries
* Anyone interested and wants to contribute to environmental protection
Depending on the project, the work will require 3-7 days. Cross-sectoral programme would require less time as compared to the sectoral rating.
If you think you have it in you to be the Green Inspector and want to contribute by becoming a part of this project, please send your brief profile at email@example.com.
For more details, contact
Nivit Kumar Yadav
Assistant Coordinator - GRP
Industry and Environment Unit
Mobile: 9968023535 firstname.lastname@example.org